This year I am excited to participate and announce my nominations for the 2013 and 10th Annual Edublog Awards Nominations!
If you are interested in nominating others in our Education world, CLICK HERE for the link to the information about how to make your nominations!
The Edublog Awards started in 2004 in response to community concerns relating to how schools, districts and educational institutions were blocking access of learner and teacher blog sites for educational purposes. The purpose of the Edublog awards is promote and demonstrate the educational values of these social media.
You can make nominations in many different categories. I just have a few that I am super passionate about.
All of my nominations come from my connections with the fabulous folks in my #PLN (Professional Learning Network) on Twitter.
I want to say too that most of my nominees are from Texas and Elementary. I wanted to highlight people from those two specific areas of my PLN.
I learn from many of these people daily, and am inspired constantly by their passion and joy about being an educator.
So let’s get to my nominations!
- Best individual blog: Cynthia Alaniz http://librarianincuteshoes.blogspot.com
- Best class blog: Mrs. Morgan’s Superstars http://mrsmorgansstars.edublogs.org/
- Best Student Blog: Simone’s Blog http://kidblog.org/MrsMorgansSuperstars-2/author/0f011a02-16a1-43ff-920d-f8aa5f906d4d/
- Best ed tech / resource sharing blog: Todd Nesloney http://www.toddnesloney.com/
- Best teacher blog: Matt B Gomez http://mattbgomez.com/
- Best library / librarian blog: Shawna Ford http://curtiselementarylibrary.blogspot.com/
- Best individual tweeter: John Schu https://twitter.com/MrSchuReads
- Best twitter hashtag: #tlelem http://tlelem.wikispaces.com/
- Best educational use of audio podcast: Matthew Winner Let’s Get Busy Podcast http://www.busylibrarian.com/p/lets-get-busy-podcast.html
- Best educational wiki: #tlchat Wiki http://tlchat.wikispaces.com/
- Best open PD / unconference / webinar series: #EdCampDallas http://edcampdallas.wikispaces.com/home
- Best educational use of a social network: Mrs. Schantz Class https://twitter.com/SchantzClass
Good luck to all my nominees! If you like any of these nominees yourself, please comment below! Also, if you have a blog , a forum on a ning, a school website, etc. consider posting your own Edublog Nominations!