Today in the RBE Library, I will be working with all of 5th Grade to show them how to create awesome book trailers using iMovie on the Macbooks!
Students will be one-to-one on Macbooks and I willdeomnstrate on the screen the features and functions of iMovie.
After today, 5th Grade students will have the option of coming down to the library to create book trailers to submit to me for posting on the library website!
Reading and books are so exciting that we want students to be able to share what they read and entice other students to read the books they have enjoyed!
When our students get really good at making Book Trailers, we can try and submit them for School Library Journal’s Trailee awards. Click here to see this year’s book trailer nominees.
Procedures for Book Trailers in the Library
- Come down at a time when your teachers deems appropriate.
- Complete the Rave Review form online with your Book information and Book Trailer Script BEFORE you come down to the library to make your book trailer.
- Make sure you have at least 20-30 minutes.
- DO NOT log out or in to the Macbooks in the library. Leave them as they are.
- Make sure that anything that you acquire to use in y0ur book trailer (images, book covers, and video) are saved on the desktop.
- Click on and put in the “TRASH” anything you use for your book trailer when you are done.
- Name your Book Trailer project with the full title of your book and your first name.
- Fill out your RBE Library Book Trailer paper form and put it in the bucket.